Wednesday, September 20, 2006

A Tribute

"S passed away..." I blinked my eyes many times when I saw that sms from CC. What happened? How? When? I was at the countryside and there was barely any service for my handphone network. I wanted to call CC but can't call out. I managed to sms her but didn't receive her reply til I was on the way back to Kuching around 10 something. Tried calling CC but her handphone was off.

Images of S kept flashing in my mind. Could it be true? I know ppl won't play with messages like that. In my heart I was hoping it was a joke but reality shakes me. How could anyone play a joke like that. A while ago, it rained heavily. It was cold. The air was very refreshing but I couldn't stop thinking about S. I starred into the night sky wondering what had happened. I felt numb.

When I woke up in the morning, I've been wondering if this is all a dream. I switched on my handphone.The sms is still there. I went up to office and saw that S's room is brightly lit but no one is in the room. CC is nowhere to be seen. "Have you heard?" when Echo mentioned it. "Yes.."

It's hard to believe and accept. When I saw CC and Kimi hugging each other and broke down crying uncontrollably. I knew it is true. S had died in an accident on the way back to Kuching yesterday afternoon. I couldn't help myself. After handing tissue to CC I walked out of the room. My cheeks were hot. I went downstairs.. and cried alone in the common room.

S was very friendly and nice to everyone. When I first joined the company,S talked to me.I didn't know most of the colleagues around me then. We went shopping during lunch time when I was lunching at office.I had been real busy last few weeks and didn't really have time to chat with her when she came into the common room. Didn't know that it was the last time I'm gonna see her.

It's hard to accept but all of us at the office have to face it. I did not get to see her one last time as her body was not yet transported back to Kuching when we all went to her house this afternoon. Probably it's a good thing I don't see her. I don't know if I would be able to control my emotions. Would I cry uncontrollably? Or grief in silence.

May her soul rest in peace.

[transferred from friendster blog]

No comments: